Monday, August 29, 2011

I slipped up

I lost a perp last night. It was the perfect set up for me, I was walking back to my cruiser and caught her, right in the middle of tagging a building, a halfway finished man in a business suit. I didn't catch much of the details, I must've snapped a twig or stepped on something. Her head whipped to where I was, and she bolted, right for an alley. She was fast, probably used to ditching the heftier cops on the beat. But I'm a far ways from hefty,  and in peak physical condition at that. I risked it all and tackled her, we both skidded to a stop halfway down that alley. That's when I first noticed she was, well, a she, and beautiful at that. A mask tumbled down the alley, and I felt the unmistakable softness of a woman as we both fell.

I rolled off her and had my taser at the ready. Less paper work than my side arm, and this was hardly the situation where it could be justified.  That's when I noticed the mural. It was an incredibly intricate work made with spray paint, at a glance, it looked like a butterfly, but looking at it, it had more of the shape of a silk moth. I must've lost myself in it, when I looked back, she was halfway across the street, a fence with barbed wire between myself and her. No way I could catch her now. So I screwed up, but hell if I'm going to put that in the report. She did forget her mask, it had a large, white "SW" painted on it. Maybe I can get something useful out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment