Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Nothing much

My beats have just been a blur this week. This heat wave has been keeping people inside, even at night. Aside from a few parking tickets, a couple for speeding, I haven't done much. 

Dad and I had a fight yesterday, big one. About my career, and what I left behind. Dad insisted it was the family duty to take the blue, generations upon generations depended on me. I lost my cool, snapping back with how generations of dead men wouldn't care what I did, being an artist wouldn't be a disgrace to the family, stuff along those veins. Dad tried to get in a few words, but I cut him off and crossed the line, going off on how I was pressured in because of Harry's injury. He hauled off and slapped me, right across the face. The look on his face said everything I needed to know, if I hadn't been his son, I'd be a dead man. I stormed out, angry at dad, angry at myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment