Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday date

I met her at the park around noon today. Still no name. It was well, hot is putting it mild. An unusual summer day here, slightly cloudy, bright, hot. The park itself had lots of shaded, winding walking, perfect for strolling or just plain old lounging. I'd brought a small bouquet of lilies, hoping to at least show off my gentlemanly side. And she...well, I'll call her Silk Worm, and Silk Worm was...dressed to impress. Now, she was beautiful by the standards of a dimly lit alley at night, but in day? I had to catch a breath. 

We had a nice walk through the park and lunch after. This oriental place dad always took the family to when I was a kid. It had vastly improved from what I remember it, going from a half decent place to take the family to a regular outing for the businesses that surrounded it. I paid and winced internally. Prices had gone up with the surroundings, I could manage it, but it'd be fish sticks and tater tots for a couple weeks. Wasn't the last time my wallet would scream at me, we hit a crepe place afterwards, I had a peach crepe, she strawberry.

I chatted with her about, well, her. I tried to keep it informal and not sound cop like. Simple stuff, how she got into art, why she started tagging, etc. She turned a couple of those questions back around,  it was kind of uncomfortable going into why I became a cop. I tried to skip past the parts of my brief days in college, but...I might've let slip I wasn't exactly content with my job.

We parted after about an hour chatting on that little corner crepe shop. My heart was hammering again, I'd set it up for us to meet Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment